Sunday 24 January 2016

Thing 19 The Legal side of Things

I'm very glad that this Thing is part of RudaĆ­ 23. I have wanted to read more on creative commons and intellectual property for a while and this post gave me the perfect chance. 
I hadn't really thought about the copyright attached to blog posts until now.
I suppose, once something is posted on the internet, I feel like it is out there and it's so easy to copy text and images, even if there was creative commons attached, it is hard to ever know if people that would use your posts or images would adhere to the attribution rules - if they didn't would you do anything about it? So as for my own content, I would be of the opinion that if I wasn't ok with them being shared I wouldn't post them in the first place.


I did some searching just broadly to see if I could find any photos that I would get any inspiration from.
I like this photo as it makes the library user feel that the person behind the desk is approachabe.
If the person behind has their head down doing some work, the user might not always like to interrupt but this sign gives the green light.  This photo is available under creative commons through Flickr.
I have tried my best to attribute it correctly.




Title: Bother me
Creator: Tracey R 
Link to Creative Commons License
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode


 The photo below is also a nice idea for signage in the library....







Title: Library: The Original Search Engine
Creator: Enokson
Link to Creative Commons License









2 comments:

  1. I like that sign too. I think it would be great to be able to distinguish when someone is busy and someone else is free at the desk. I find people get offended if I ask them to use the RFID machines when I'm busy doing something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that would be a great way of using it Niamh, sometimes it's hard to know if someone is in the middle of something or receptive to queries so it would cut out the hovering around factor!

    ReplyDelete