Saturday 16 January 2016

Thing 14 Augmented Reality

Honestly, I was not familiar with the concept of augmented reality or how I could use it.
I read through the blog post and had a look at some of the articles and links that were provided.
I decided to try using aurasma. There are plenty of training videos and I spent some time wathcing these and learning what you needed to create one. First of all I registered on the site for a free account. In order to create your campaign, it seems you need two main images to start with - a trigger image and an overlay.  The process seems quite simple, one of the videos that it takes only 45 to start a campaign. The most time I think would be gathering your images. I had a look online and I didn;t want to take use any images in case of copyright, I think it is better to take your own photos and create your own images, so this is a stumbling block for me at the moment,
You can then add hashtags to your campaign so that people can follow your campaign as well as search for it. I looked at some of the other campaigns.  I found some library ones that I was intersted in reading about. I clicked into them, on my laptop. But in order to benefit from the 'aura; you need to download the aurasma app on your phone and point your viewfinder at the image.
I cannot complete this step at the moment as I need a new memory card for my phone, my memory is full, so it will interested to see how this works, I feel I won't really understand it until I complete this next step.


No comments:

Post a Comment