Friday 8 January 2016

Thing 13 Professional Organisations

I have been a member of the LAI since shortly after graduation.
I find it helpful to keep updated and get emails through the HSLG section. This is how I found out about Rudai 23 starting - if I hadn't been on the email list I wouldn't have known and would have missed out on doing the course, so that is a benefit straight away! I find it's important for gaining knowledge on things like SHELLI and also seeing what other librarians views are on various topics.
I find a lot of information comes through the email notifications that I may not find elsewhere so easily. I see lots of ideas and conversations bouncing about, although I am more of a spectator, I have never contributed myself.
Being from Ireland, I have just really thought joining the LAI -  I thought this was the only relevant one to me to join but I am going to follow CILIP and IFLA on twitter just to keep updated on what's happening outside of Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment