Tuesday 24 November 2015

Thing 10 Live Streaming

I have viewed a lecture before online which was live streamed but that's the only experience I have with live streaming.
I can see how it would be very valuable for conferences and lectures. It would be especailly useful for overseas conferences that you might not have the opportunity to attend in person.
I followed all of the steps with logging into google and the creator studio. I know how to set up a live stream if I ever needed to. Unfortunately, I missed the RudaĆ­ 23 hangout on air as I hadn't reached this point in the course by August.
I decided to try and use Periscope for my task.
I read all of the how to guides on it and tried to install, unfortunately my phone didn't have enough space for the app so I had to abandon ship an this occasion.
I definitely would use live streaming as an audience member but I would still feel a but unsure of using it to broadcast my own videos. I'm a bit unsure still how to set up the camera so that it is facing outwards rather than facing you ie. if you wanted to livestream a library instruction class how to video ''outwards' and how to make this look professional.
For now I am happy to be an audience member rather than a participant, perhaps when I am more familiar with how it all works I would be see other uses for Periscope.
I had a look at Thing 10 on Pinterest and found some Ted talks, I'm a big fan of Ted talks and doing this Thing has reminded me to keep a lookout for library Ted talks and to look out for more conferences that have live streaming available.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you found the Ted talks. I keep meaning to watch some and have yet to get around to it.

    ReplyDelete